From:
Dave Souza <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 24 Mar 1998 13:18:38 -0500
Brian,

The disk overlay program modifies your master boot record to allow it to
load the overlay program when you boot up.

When you format a hard drive, the master boot record is not modified.
That's why formatting didn't get rid of the overlay program.

If you want to get rid of the overlay, you can overwrite the master boot
record on your hard drive by typing:

FDISK /MBR

This should remove the overlay and allow you to format the drive normally.

Dave Souza

p.s.  Thanks Jim, I'm still new to the LISTSERVs.