From:
David Gillett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 13 Jul 1998 11:23:43 -0800
On 11 Jul 98 at 19:02, Nicolas Cure wrote:

> I am planning to build a new computer and I have trouble figuring
> out which type of SCSI card to buy. I have a UMAX scanner and I
> plan to buy a SCSI hard drive and zip drive. I would like to put
> them on one SCSI card but I don't know what type of SCSI card I
> need.
>
> If someone can explain the difference and which one I should use I
> would appreciate it.

  If the Zip drive is external, then I'd go for the Diamond FirePort
40.  It will offer a choice of wide or narrow internal connector for
the hard drive, and good reliability at a reasonable price.
  If you know that you will buy a non-wide hard drive, you might
consider an Adaptec AHA-2940U (there are various 2940 versions).  I
don't recommend the "UW" version to people with external devices like
scanners, because of its wide external connector.

David G