From:
Will Stephenson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 17 Aug 2009 22:11:57 -0400
Hello All!

I have a client with three workgrouped, networked Windows computers who want
to put all their shared files onto an NAS drive (or something similar - a
file server?). One of their requirements is backing up the NAS files to
another location (another room in the same building behind a firewall - a
real one :)

Many NAS products come with a USB port and backup software that can be used
to backup their innards to an attached USB drive. I don't believe that
scenario will work for what they want (how long can a USB cable be?). From
my reading on the internet, I am not seeing that you can back up from one
NAS to another. I would think you can, but the situation is never discussed,
which leaves me suspicious.

Does anyone have any input on this? As always, thank you very much for your
time and thought on this!

Best,

Will Stephenson
Acadia Technologies Inc

"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored." -- Aldous Huxley

                     visit our download web page at:
                  http://freepctech.com/downloads.shtml