From:
Dean Kiley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 18 Apr 2003 06:21:52 -0500
Andre,

I think your machine may be asking you what application you wish to play the cd in, ie: Windows Media, Winamp (what I use), Real,.... I use Nero as well and I must say, it is quite easy to use, especially when you select "wizard" and follow the prompts.

Try opening Win Media, tools> options> and under the "file types tab" select music cd playback. Then drop a disk in the cd rom (rw) and see if it will play. (Winamp the setting is found by hitting Alt+O and then select file types, hit select all, check "associate with audio CDs.")

Nero has no associated player within the program, so a default media player needs to be selected, and by the way, i may be to your advantage to go through the entire setup process for any media player and make sure you enter your valid e mail address in the area provided adn then automatic title querry for purchased disks will function properly.

Hope this helps a bit. If you still have troouble with Nero, write back... I've had it for about 7 months and I still learn more new things daily! It's quite a program...

Dean Kiley