From:
Tom Barratt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 2 Jul 2004 15:51:04 +0100
My specs are -

850 MHZ Athalon
128 Ram
20GB HD
8mb Graphics

Ive had problems recently with what i think are virusses. It has been slowing down and error messages pop up and shut down programs. Norton finds virusses but often cant deal with them.

Last night i formatted the HD and moved from Win ME to XP. I still have the following problems -

-HD problems on start up recognising BAD areas of the drive. You press F1 and it carries on.
-Generally very slow with a poor frame rate especially on the net (despite broadband) and when moving windows around.
-One or two error messages on start up.

1.The 8mb Graphics card is terrible. Is it this that is slowing it down or maybe the HD or virusses?

2.Do i need to replace Graphics/ HD?

3.What is the best way of detecting and stopping future viruses?

PLEASE HELP.

Thanks.

                     support at our newest website:
                          http://freepctech.com