From:
Dean Kukral <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 16 Nov 2004 08:37:23 -0600
Why do you "know that won't happen?"

I see no reason why everything won't boot up normally.  Windows may
have to load a few different drivers associated with the new
motherboard, but it should do that automatically.

(There is a potential for problems with the PCI bus if you have it
filled with cards; it depends on how the motherboard handles the bus.)

If you do not want to reinstall Windows on a new drive, just try using
the old one and see what happens!!  You may be pleasantly surprised.

As far as transferring stuff, just make your old drive a slave and
copy - or even leave the stuff on the old drive and have two drives.
Unfortunately, most software may have to be reloaded (not just copied)
onto the new drive.  It depends on the software.  If you use two
drives, try running the s/w on the old drive.  If it works, there  you
go.  If not, then reinstall it on the new drive.  You will have to
create new desktop icons for s/w that you run on the old drive, if you
want them.

Good luck with whatever you decide to do!

Dean Kukral