Date:
Sun, 28 Jan 2001 22:38:00 +1100
First question: did you clean install winME or did a upgrade for win98? I
often see problems if such upgrade was performed, MS never has a smooth
upgrade.

2nd question: did you use latest driver for your hardware? especially check
if you get the driver for ME. even MS claims that you can use win98 driver
for ME, but in real life, I don't see this MS way, many things don't work
unless you get a new driver that designed for ME. Just like MS claimed that
NT4 driver should work with win2k (or win95 driver under win98), but the
truth is not. I have seen how MS lies from the age win95 appear, you just
cannot trust MS.

In my opinion, ME is still too young, to not have good driver/software
support, there are a lot of software don't like ME, most drivers designed
for win95/98 are out-of-date for ME. Worst of all, ME doesn't have a good
build-in driver database (even win2k has more drivers than ME build in).

Jun Qian