From:
joseph marty <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 26 Sep 2004 19:12:47 -0400
HoW and where depends upon where the CDRW and HDD are hooked up. If both are on one cable, then you have another channel on which to connect two drives.  Look for a plug on the motherboard next to the one where your HDD and CDRW are plugged in.  You will need a cable like the one already being used for your existing drives.  If the DVD will be alone on one cable be sure to check the manual for it to see how to set the jumper on the back for master or solo (whatever the manufacturer calls it).  It needs to be plugged into the end of the cable as master/solo.

If you have the HDD on a cable all by itself, and the CDRW on a cable all by itself, you will need to plug the DVD into the plug midway between the end where either the HDD (on 1 cable) or the CDRW (on the other cable) are plugged in, and where it plugs into the motherboard on whichever cable you choose. It would probably be best to do it on the same cable you have the CDRW. In either case it will be a slave drive and you need to set the jumpers for that according to the manual for the drive.

>I want to add a dvd drive to my computer. I now have a cdrw and a hard
>drive hooked up. How do I add the dvd  to my present system without
>removing anything else?

Switch to Netscape Internet Service.

Netscape. Just the Net You Need.

           The NOSPIN Group is now accepting donations to help
          defer the costs of providing PCBUILD and our website.
           Visit http://freepctech.com to donate using PAYPAL