From:
"Ian C>" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 16 Aug 2004 17:40:52 -0400
Right now two major family emergencies has all my attention.  But, i
will state that since initially using the drive via firewire, then
"ejecting" it, NO other firewire device works on my system.  Can't
capture frmo my mini-dv, nor is a lacie drive being recognized.
Firewire shared irq 17 w/ onboard promise raid controller but never was
a problem.  Disabling the raid controller didn't help anyway.  I tried
changing HAL to standard pc for naught.  Just installed SP4 (win2k), no joy.

Ian Carmichael

subscriber2list wrote:

>Hello Ian,
>
>Thursday, August 12, 2004, 6:07:56 PM, Rick Glazier wrote:
>
>RG> Doesn't Maxtor have the "no quibble" warranty?
>RG> I'd get after them and have them make it good...
>
><snip>
>
>I agree with Rick re: Maxtor's "no quibble" statement.  While I've had
>no problems with my One Touch, thus far, I have experienced problems
>with a few Maxtor HDD and was able to exchange them for new ones
>without much of a fuss ... actually handle quite smoothly overall.
>However, I can understand your reservation about Maxtor in your
>specific case. How long ago did you submit the requested info? Just
>recently or some time ago.  If some time ago, I would certainly put
>pressure on them for an exchange or some other resolution to your
>problem.  Don't let them off the hook.  You paid good money for both
>advertized capabilities, USB and FireWire.  Good Luck.
>
>Sean Con

                     visit our download web page at:
                  http://freepctech.com/downloads.shtml