From:
Daniel Medley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 18 Oct 2002 20:35:51 -0700
From: "Marv Donarski" <[log in to unmask]>
To: <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Friday, October 18, 2002 5:50
Subject: [PCBUILD] trouble in IE5.5

I have an HP Pav 8750 Pent III, 667mhz,196Ram running Windows 98se with
IE5.5 & OE 5.5. The problem I am having is with freezing when I am surfing
the net. When I am at a site and start scrooling the computer freezes and I
have to re boot. This does not happen all the time but often enough to be a
pain in the a--. I finally got mad and formated my machine and re loaded my
OEM disk and set everything back up, went on the Internet and low and be
hold five minutes into being on the net, it FROOZE! Can anyone tell me what
could be causing this and what to look for to solve this problem short of
smashing it with hammer.

Marv Donarski

I've heard that having smooth scroll enabled can sometimes cause this
problem. Try disabling it and see if it helps. Also, have you tried
upgrading to the newest browser?

Daniel Medley
Feeling more like I do now than I did before
at http://www.lobowalk.com