From:
Rosie Richter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 17 Dec 2002 11:36:52 -0800
I just checked and was told that it is a radio controlled remote.   There are no boats around here so that isn't the problem.  When my neighbors play their music, the bass shakes my house but I don't see any antennas that might cause interference.   The neighbors may have a wireless keyboard but I'm sure it is not in use all the time and I've checked the problem at various times in the day and even in the middle of the night.
 Dennis Noble <[log in to unmask]> wrote:If you turned off and unplugged all of your computers, and you are still
having problems, I would say that it couldn't be your computers. I have
an RC boat that will act up if anyone uses my wireless keyboard, but you
have to be actually using the keyboard to have it bother it. Even then,
the remote for the boat works, the boat motor just goes to full throttle
whenever a key is pressed on the keyboard.

It is important to know whether the remote is infra Red, or Radio
Controlled. If it is IR like 99.9% of all remotes out today, it will
only work within a line of site of the receiver. If the receiver is
receiving interference, the bed should at erratically even when the
remote is not being used. This would lead me to believe that either the
beds receiver or the remotes transmitter is broken.

Dennis Noble

> I have a remote control for my electric bed (needed for back problems)
and
> I just had a part replaced. The remote now works only at certain
levels.
> If I'm standing up and start the remote to raise the bed, it will work
if
> I hold it above my head or below my waist. (that's sometimes... it's
> random... sometimes it works at waist level). The remote actually
stops
> as if there is an invisible force blocking it.
>
> The installer said that it's because I have a lot of computers. (I
have 5
> computers and DSL). He also said it could be a neighbor with
powerful
> electronic equipment. The remote worked the day before the part was
> replaced. I didn't add any electronic equipment during or after the
part
> was replaced. I unplugged my computers and my DSL modem and sitll
have
> the problem. All my other remotes work (vcr, electric fan).
>
> Is it possible that my DSL or computers just being in the house could
> cause the interference? Or, if it's a neighbor, how can I tell
who/what
> is causing the problem? Is there a way for me to shield my remote
from
> the interference?
>
> Or, do you think the installer is wrong and something went wrong with
the
> electric bed? I'd appreciate any advice/suggestions you can give me.

visit our download web page at:
http://freepctech.com/downloads.shtml

                      Bob Wright<[log in to unmask]>
                       Drew Dunn<[log in to unmask]>