From:
Bob Wright <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 1 Oct 2004 17:06:18 -0600
At 11:42 AM 9/30/2004, you wrote:

>Current generation monitors go into a nearly-off or power saving mode when
>permitted by the current generation operating systems.
>
>If the computer from which the 7-year old power supply came was also 7 years
>old, it's very long in the tooth.  New computers (with new monitors) don't
>cost nearly what you paid for that 7 year old job.  Time to catch up with
>the current century!
>
>Carl

I will start by telling you all that I am Bob Wright and the last word when it comes
to what is posted on PCBUILD.  Many of you know me and I have not been a presence
on the list regularly for some time, but I read every message.  That said, this message
above violates everything I have set as a standard for PCBUILD.

The Welcome Message from PCBUILD clearly states: "Emails from PCBUILD
are reviewed by a Moderator, then approved
for posting, (if the message conforms to our Posting Rules).  So,
every message posted to PCBUILD is either a question or an answer
concerning PC Hardware.  No Jokes, recipes or snide remarks will
ever be allowed through the system.  Anyone attempting to VIOLATE
the rules will be BANNED from PCBUILD permanently."

The above message comes under my rule against "snide remarks."

Everyone here needs to know that we have subscribers to PCBUILD
from all seven continents and over 50 countries.  Many of our readers
are using older equipment, even 386 systems.  When they come to us
here at PCBUILD they deserve our assistance in a friendly and helpful
manner...   and telling them their system is old and they should buy a
new one is plain rude.

There will be no more message like this appearing on PCBUILD.

   Bob Wright
Senior Managing Partner
The NoSpin Group, Inc.
http://freepctech.com - http://nospin.com