From:
Joe Lore <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 6 Feb 2004 15:04:02 -0500
Hi,

Sorry for delay - trying to catch up with the list.

Did you plug all 3 power supply connectors into the main board?  The
normal ATX, Then mini ATX ( 4 wire) for the CPU and The P8 style for the
Rambus memory area

Thanks and have a Great Day!

Joe Lore

Gigabyte           GA-8IHXP

                        Intel 850 E/ICH4 ATX

                        P4 Socket 478/4 RIMM

                        CT5880 H/W Audio/Dual BIOS

                        Intel LAN/USB 2.0/Dual Raid ATA 133

                        W/SPDIF Card

PC 800 RIMM Chips
MSI GF MX5200-TD Video Card
Intel P4 2.4 CPU

I have sent the motherboard back to Gigabyte for diagnostics and was
sent back to me with nothing apparently wrong with it. However, I had it
running well for several weeks until one day when I came home from work
and turned the monitor on the screen was dark. So thinking it may have
locked up I held the power button until all power went off. I waited
about 5 minutes or so the powered the unit back up. This is where I got
nothing. No video, POST or anything from the pc indicating there where
issues. I still had power to the board however. So I decided to contact
Gigabyte for possible RMA on the board. They said that it would be best
to send them the board and have them diagnosis it and then they would be
in touch with me to let me know. So this is what I did. When I got the
board back I reinstalled the board with the same components and tried to
get the unit running to no avail. So I started asking coworkers some
questions and have swapped out RIMM chips and video and still no
indications of a problem. But still get no post or video on two
different monitors which have been checked on other machines to make
sure they are not the issue. I still get power across the board and
reset appears to function but no video. So far I have tried the two
video cards I have bought and one I have had for a bit of time to
absolutely no avail. Please help.

                     support at our newest website:
                          http://freepctech.com