From:
Steve Polatas <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 8 Jun 2000 10:13:18 -0400
Bassem,

The DMI pool data is the run-time information that the BIOS passes to the operating system, such as size of hard disk, clock, and so on. There is no way to boot without it.  DMI stands for "Device Management Interface" and it is a listing of the DMI-supported, installed devices. The DMI pool data is stored within the BIOS chip.  Failed DMI verification can have multiple causes; data corruption, pool area too small, damaged chip.  I have seen several fixes for the problem with most of them involving reconfiguring CMOS setting or reflashing the BIOS.  I would suggest conducting an internet search using the phrase "verifying DMI pool" in your favorite search engine.  This will yield a multitude of solutions that you may try depending on your skill and/or comfort level.

Steve Polatas

<begin original message>
Date: Thu, 8 Jun 2000 01:25:06 +0300
From: Bassem Fahmy <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: "Verifying DMI pool" message

Hi,=20

I have Intel MMX 266 and motherboard silicon .. (SiS 5571 rev 1 - i do =
not have the manual) .. I replace the CPU with intel 166 just for test, =
and when i replace and put my original 266 CPU the computer stopd in the =
step of "verifying DMI pool Data .." when start to log in Win98

any suggestion please=20

Thanks for help,

Bassem - Egypt
<end original message>