From:
Kyle Elmblade <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 15 Jan 2000 22:43:51 -0800
Dharam,

This sounds like a classic memory problem.  I would start with swapping RAM
out to see if this fixes it.

It is possible that it is a bad .dll or .exe file, but I would not hold out
for that.  Plus, tracking that sort of thing down is infinitely more
difficult than swapping the RAM and seeing if the problem goes away.  If it
doesn't, your stuck, but given the fact that you have re-started from
scratch, I would bet that it's not software.

One more (but much less likely) possibility is a bad CPU or IDE channel.
Try the memory first and let us know, however.  Like I said, CPU or IDE
channels are much less likely to be the problem.  HTH.

Kyle