From:
Frank Suszka <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 14 Jan 2001 19:22:48 -0800
In addition to what Rick suggested, you have partially answered your own
query.

In the old days you could put memory sticks in any slot and they would
usually work. It has been my experience that you have to start in slot
one as you indicated because it worked. I suspect that maybe one of your
sticks may be bad and the system will only recognize the good stick.
Another possibility is that the sticks are of different types, not
compatible with each other. On the other hand, maybe there is a setting
in the BIOS that has to be set in order for the system to see more than
128MB of RAM. Then again there may be limitations as to how much RAM the
board can see or use? On the other hand, the motherboard BIOS may be
outdated and wouldn't support more than 128 MB of RAM. There are many
variables involved here.

This is somewhat like a dog chasing it's tail... Check the stick(s) in
another unit or have them checked at your favorite place of business.

I'm sorry that I'm getting in on this in mid stream and my suggestions
may be off track...

Sincerely,

Frank Suszka
netTek Computers