From:
Earl Truss <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 24 Jun 1999 18:02:15 -0600
Yes, when I first installed it, my normal monitor setting disappeared and
all I could get was 16-color display.  I reset it to the correct monitor
and now it is set to 800x600 16-bit color, just like with the ATI card.
Someone in the Banshee discussion newsgroup suggested lowering the refresh
rates, but that just made the screen flicker and did not change the blurred
text at all.  I'm going to try a different monitor tomorrow then maybe try
it in a different machine.

At 11:42 PM 6/24/99 +1000, you wrote:
>Then you have last thing to try before return the Banshee - what is the your
>monitor setting? Did you specify the monitor for Banshee? can you try your
>Banshee on one of your friend's machine? my Banshee card will not display
more
>than 16 color until I specify the monitor I use ("unknow monitor" doesn't
work
>for it).
>
>Earl Truss wrote:
>
>> No, I did not notice this problem until after I had replaced the ATI card
>> with the Banshee.  The system and monitor are in the same position as
>> before changing the card.  I've moved other equipment around the monitor
>> around without affecting the problem at all.  I've not yet tried replacing
>> the cable although I have removed and reconnected it.  I'm not using a
>> switch box - direct connection from monitor to card.

                   messages? Visit our staff web site:
                     http://nospin.com/pc/staff.html