Date:
Thu, 21 Sep 2006 09:01:35 EDT
Greetings All!
I work at a small hotel which has recently aquired a  wireless dsl network
due to the fact that our phone system has not been  compatible with guests
computers. I know next to nothing about the way this  system is set up and
what  is needed to connect so my first question is  "what do I need to ask (if
anything) the guy who set it up to determine what  is needed?"
He is not a full-time tech support person and I am looking for  simple
explanation that our (non-technical) clerks can give to  guests.

-Will any wireless adapter work?
-Is there a special way to  find the wireless signal or does the adapter
automatically search
for  it?

Another concern is since the owner/manager's office computer is  connected,
is work-sensitive material more open to hacking and in need of  special
protection?

This is a new world for me and I will appreciate  any tips on where to
start!

Thanks All!
-Phil-

                    Digest mode - visit our web site: