From:
Richard Glazier <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 28 Nov 2005 06:45:48 -0500
My only Dell was before all this. It was so long ago that you had to
pay an extra $50 to get the original DOS and Windows 3.1 floppies...
The OS (DOS 6) and Windows were pre-installed and already paid for...
That machine had some intermittent factory defects until the day it died...
(The BIOS gave a criptic error that it took me 4 years to track down.
Why Dell never "decoded" what it meant was beyond me...)

I bought a Packard Bell with a restore problem.
The modem stopped working when I tried to get the free Quicken Basic
running. (All I did was tell it to install from the PB factory CD or the HD.
(It came with it free...)
The restore disk announced it was the wrong one for that machine...
I figured the machine was the wrong one for me and returned it inside the
thirty day period while I could...  (And another builder was born... <grin>

                                          Rick Glazier