From:
Mark Rode <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 5 Nov 1998 15:55:39 -0800
>I don't have a clear idea of what a jumper is?

A jumper is  a really just a manual switch. ...You have two wires sticking
straight out on a motherboard....hard drive...or any other circuit
board...the very tiny jumper ...a small black connector....slips on the two
wires and creates a circuit...take it off and put it on two other wires and
you have engaged another circuit.

<Also does the 440bx motherboard(100 Mhz) support dual processor's.

I can't speak to that particular chip set but any chip set that is on a
dual processor motherboard will support dual processors. Keep in mind that
in order to take advantage of dual CPUs you need a operating system that
supports dual processors such NT or UNIX or Linux. In addition to the OS
you will only benefit from dual processors with applications that are coded
to use them such as Autocad or Photoshop. Very few users will benefit from
dual processors on a single user desktop machine in any kind of cost
effective way.

                                  -----