From:
Jim Phillips <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 29 Jan 2000 08:45:07 PST
I have an interesting problem that crops up from time to time. When I
shutdown the system (start-shutdown-shutdown computer), the computer will
hang on a green screen with a yellowish line about 1/3 down the screen
spanning the width of the screen. I built the system two weeks ago and the
only program installed onto the machine is Simply Accounting ver 7.0  System
particulars are:
Win98 SE
Intel Celeron 400Mhz
1st Mainboard ATX MoBo
S3 3D/2X Video Card
Yamaha XG Sound Card
Smartlink V.90 56K Modem
Standard PS/2 keyboard & mouse

There are no other programs running at shutdown and I have Antivirus detect
turned off in the BIOS.

I'm wondering if perhaps there may be a corrupt sound file (the microsoft
sound), or maybe the problem could be with the video adapter itself? any
thoughts or ideas greatly appreciated!
Thanks, Jim.

         The NOSPIN Group Promotions is now offering the NOSPIN
        File Download CD... All the files from our File Download
         area and much more...  over 165 files, all on one CD!!
                      http://nospin.com/promotions