Date:
Sat, 6 Jul 2002 11:31:10 -0700
If this drive contains no mbr/OS then it really shouldn't matter.But In your
case I believe this is your boot drive, Correct??
If so you will most definetly run into some major and minor problems since
your current 40gig is associated with Win98 and the Athalon systems
registery/hardware settings while your old system is associated w Win95 and
a totally different set of hardware settings and registry.
I would recommend setting up your new HD as a primary slave and see if your
bios will recognize the size. If not
then you will have to go to your MOBO website and see if an updated bios
flash is available for downloading.
Be warned this procedure should only be done by someone who is very
familliar with computers and Dos in
particular. REad the Readme.txt included or any information that the Website
stipulates and follow their directions explicitly. Failure to do so can
result in a dead MOBO.

Good Luck
Barry Clark