From:
Phillip Williams <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 22 Nov 2008 08:18:35 -0500
Update...

 I found out my boss was having the same problem with her computer getting
the same message in her address bar. She is connected directly (not
wireless). She said she un-plugged the router (or modem, not sure, got the
info second-hand) a couple of times for a few minutes but still no
connection (She clicks her IE icon to connect) Then later that afternoon it
just connected fine.

 It's kind of hard to see the connection lables on the hardware where it's
located so when I try to describe the set-up below keep in mind the terms
"to" and "from" may not be accurate and what I call a DSL line is actually
comming from behind a phone jack which is labled as and connected to the
office fax machine.

It appears the incoming dsl line goes into a Westell router then one of two
lines goes to the bosses computer and the other goes to a Netgear WGR 614
wireless router. Then a line goes from the Netgear out (presumably) to other
wireless routers on the property.

Last night I had no problems connecting. I re-scanned my computer with
restore turned off (this time using Avast) and all trojans were deleted. I
didn't try pinging as suggested because I was no longer having the
connection problem. What gets me about all this is AOL connecting when the
browsers won't.

I'll let this sleeping dog lie for now and hope the problem doesn't re-occur
(though I'm not optimistic).

Thanks for the replies,
-Phil-

 >Also when opening Opera, after trying to connect to google (my homepage)
in the address bar it shows http://www.launchmodem.net/redirectBS.htm

 I'm back to no browsers tonight yet AOL still connects

 -Phil-

 I have been using a wireless connection to dsl at the hotel where I work
for a few months now. My computer is a compaq small form factor running xp
home. I use a Netgear WG111T usb adapter. My ability to get online has been
sporatic but usually eventually it will connect.
 Tonight I have a new problem. Usually I open Opera and get a good
connection but now neither Opera or IE will connect. However, if I use my
AOL software, it connects fine but even with aol open and connected, the
browsers can't display any pages.
 Have run AVG and Spybot S&D scans. Spybot showed clean and AVG found 5
trojans. 2 of the trojans were healed and the other 3 when trying to delete
said file not found.

 Any ideas?
-Phil Williams-

                 our special coffee mugs and mouse pads