From:
Computer9f <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 5 Aug 2009 19:14:41 -0400
You will have less fragmentation if you set the Max and Min to the same amount, rather than let Windows keep resizing it on demand.  I have found a fixed size pagefile to work better for me than allowing Windows to manage the size.  You could use 1024, or even 2048, if you seem to be short on virtual memory.   --AnnaSummers

From: tannis zamora <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Sun, August 02, 2009 4:48 pm
To: [log in to unmask]

Thank you for respondin.

 I went into System Properties, Advanced, Performance

Memory/Virtual Memory

Processor Schedule (the "*" is what is selected)

   *Programs      Background Services

Memory Useage

   *Programs      System Cache

Virtual Memory Paging

*Custom

    576 MB  is setting
    1152    maximum

Below that is has these selections but NONE are selected

System Managed

No Paging File

Then it has

Total paging size allowed

minimum 2 MB
Recommend 1533 MB
Currently alocated 637

The asterisks indicate the selections on my setting right now.

I tried to change the 576 and the 1152 to 1533. I closed out the window
and went back in and the settins had gone back to the custom settings of
576 and 1152

Since I do not know what I am doing, I am not sure what to do. Can I
change the "custom"

to System Managed size or No paging File or how do I get the custom to
stay at a setting?

I am sorry, I just do not understand what I am doing.

thank you for any help.

tannis z TN

                     visit our download web page at:
                  http://freepctech.com/downloads.shtml