From:
Don Penlington <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 12 Apr 2010 08:56:59 +1000
Akan wrote:
>And STILL, if I don't keep the mouse moving, it darts to one of the
>corners!! >>

Alan---you haven't told us what steps you've taken so far to correct the
problem, other than a new mouse and new computer.

EG have you gone into Control Panel and checked all the mouse pointer
settings? In particular, uncheck the item for mouse focus. There's usually
a setting which tells the mouse to automatically flick to OK buttons and
the like, soulds as if this could be the problem. Perhaps it's a default
setting if you have installed a new mouse driver.

If you can outline what steps you've already tested, then we might be in a
better position to direct you. I'm assuming you have already checked all
the control Panel mouse settings very carefully. It seems to be a mouse
focus problem from what you are describing. Is there by any chance a CD
that came with the mouse?

Have you tested with a PS2 mouse?

Don Penlington