From:
Joe Lore <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 11 Oct 2002 08:32:28 -0400
Hi,

Unfortunately, I agree there is no way to really tell from looking at a
cable if it is bi directional or not, unless it is marked.  Trial and
error, or a cable tester is the only way I can think of.

Another respondent to your problem may of hit on the answer about the
panasonic 1123 and that is that it may not be in the same print emulation
mode that the 1180 is in.  You would need to reference your printer manuals
to check the dip switches and make sure the 1123 is running in the same
printer emuation as the 1180 and that the proper drivers are installed.

God Bless America!

Joe Lore
MicroComputerCenter, Inc.

                     support at our newest website: