From:
alan smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 31 Jul 2005 20:37:33 -0400
I used your website to look for & did find info on a DELL Optiplex GX200 bios
YESTERDAY, but I didn't have time to download it. TODAY, I went to the site
and the page is no longer available !!!  I had posted a request on PC build on how to recover
the CD rom & hard drive in the boot up sequence.  I lost them when I was trying to install XANDROS (LINUX). Can someone please point me to the
procedure?  Many thanks,   AL SMITH
.

Hugh Vandervoort <[log in to unmask]> wrote:Most Dells come with a driver disk containing these items.
See:
http://support.dell.com/support/downloads/devices.aspx?c=us&cs=19&l=en&s=dhs&SystemID=DIM_PNT_CEL_2350&os=WW1&osl=EN#
for a list of additional drivers. Dell has a pretty good site. Just look
under your model number in support.

Amy Ledford wrote:

>I recently scrambled my hard drive, and had to reinstall Windows XP. When it reinstalled, I had several items under Other Devices in the Device Manager. Two of them, Ethernet controller and an Audio thing, I was able to download and install from dell.com, but there are still 3 items left. The "other Devices" are: PCI Simple Communications Controller, SM Bus Controller, and Universal Serial Bus (USB) Controller. Does anyone know what the heck these are, or, more importantly, where can I go to get the needed software? The PC is a Dell Dimension 2350 desktop.

our special coffee mugs and mouse pads
with the PCBUILD logo... at a great price!!!

http://mail.yahoo.com