From:
Wayne and Tammy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 8 May 2001 07:26:48 -0400
At 07:45 PM 07/05/01 -0700, you wrote:
> > Marilyn:
> >
> > Tried your suggestion and it stopped the HP from printing. So put the hp
>back
> > on lpt1 and Epson on lpt2. Besides the Epson saying its off line, the red
>light
> > stays on at the color icons. Thought about trying to reseat the ink
>cartridges
> > but the manual says that's a no-no, if you take them out they will never
>work
> > even if full of ink. About to throw it out, but I like the black print
>from the
> > 600 over the HP laserjet. Thanks for your suggestion any way.
> >
> > Charles E. Alsop
>
>         PCBUILD maintains hundreds of useful files for download
>                     visit our download web page at:
>                  http://freepctech.com/downloads.shtml

Before you throw it out, simulate a cartridge change again.  The red light
on beside the colour icon means that the printer thinks that the colour
cartridge is empty.  The printer's counter wasn't reset with the last
cartridge change.

Hold down the button under the picture of the ink drops until the
cartridges come over to the changing position.  Lift the lid on the colour
cartridge and close it down again.  Then push the button again until the
printer makes noise.  This will reset the counter.  Yes you shouldn't open
the cartridge holder until the ink is empty.  But if you're getting rid of
the printer otherwise, give it a try.

Wayne Rowlinson

                         PCBUILD's List Owners:
                      Bob Wright<[log in to unmask]>