From:
Paul Jones <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 5 Mar 1999 14:36:33 -0500
At 11:54 PM 3/4/99 -0600, you wrote:
>Here is my problem.  I am building a new computer:
>
>Case -- A-Open Mid Tower(ATX)
>MOBO --  A-Trend ATC-6220 440BX AGP ATX with Award BIOS
>Processor -- PII Celeron(A) 300
>Memory --  64 MB PC100
>Video -- S3 VIRGE 4M PCI (Power Graphics)
>
>That is as far as I could go.  As soon as I power up, system beeps
>continuously with long beeps and nothing on the screen.  To stop it I
>have to unplug the computer. I tried to remove components one by one
>with no effect.  If CPU is removed, there is no beeping any more...

Continous beeping is usually a sign of a memory problem, or video problem.
Removing either one will usually give the symptoms you describe.  Try
swapping first the memory with known working memory, then swap video.  If
neither of those work, the problem may be the MB.

J. Paul Jones
http://www.mindspring.com/~jpjcet/

                   messages? Visit our staff web site:
                     http://nospin.com/pc/staff.html