From:
Brad Loomis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 15 Aug 2004 00:16:22 -0700
Adam,
You are probably just fine with your PS as is. I have a newly upgraded MB,
ASUS A7N8X-E Deluxe with XP2500, gig o ram, All in Wonder 9600, 3UW SCSI
10,000 RPM hard drives, two IDE 7200 drives, a SCSI CD burner and a SCSI
CD-ROM all on a 350W PS. Granted it is a PC Power and Cooling Turbo Cool
350, but it doesn't blink, EVER. It is now, hummm, six years old? Just to
see what they recommend go to www.pcpowercooling.com and run their selector.
I also have an old Dell dual Xeon all SCSI workstation that has four SCSI
drives in it that runs off Dell's 250W supply. I guess Dell is notorious for
small power supplies but it gives me no trouble. Quality is much more
important than watts in power supplies.

Brad Loomis
San Miguel, CA