From:
Rick Lindstrom <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 19 Dec 1999 18:23:07 -0800
Hello all-

I recently added a Maxtor ATA66 13 gig drive to my machine; it's now the
boot drive with the original Western Digital ATA33 4.3 gig drive slaved to
it. The Maxtor is partitioned into 3 drives and the WD drive is divided
into two. As set up now, I have drives C: through G:, Win98SE.

Every so often when I open Windows Explorer, all that shows is the C: drive
(and the floppy and CDROM drives). If I double click on the "My Computer"
icon above the floppy drive icon (not the icon on the desktop, but the one
in the drive listing in Win Exp), Windows will cough up the missing
drives/partitions, and all is well.

This didn't happen until I added the Maxtor drive, and I'm wondering if it
has to do with a conflict between the two physical drives, or with the fact
that the motherboard supports ATA33 but not ATA66.

Any ideas on this annoyance are appreciated.

Rick Lindstrom
Eugene, Oregon

                     visit our download web page at:
                     http://nospin.com/pc/files.html