From:
Fred Nielson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 5 Feb 2003 19:21:49 -0500
Rob,

From your description it is almost sure to be a CMOS battery.
According to the manual, the CMOS button type battery is under the keyboard,
which must be removed to get to it.  I would take a look in your manual (it
was on page 61 and 62 of this one) to see how to do it.  It cautions that
the keyboard and it's cable connector are fragile and care should be taken.

If you don't have the manual, I found it here:
ftp://ftp.pc.ibm.com/pub/pccbbs/mobiles/02r2913.pdf

Fred Nielson