From:
Rick Glazier <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 27 Jan 2001 09:23:57 -0500
I have two "fuzzy" ideas to check into...
Are the file systems compatible as installed versus what you want to use?

Second, I was reading yesterday about an alleged "bug" in some versions
of Win9X fdisk that shows up in the manner that you describe.  It was in an
article that was also about Disk Overlays...
WARNING: Do NOT do this if you are running a Disk Overlay...
They said that doing an fdisk /mbr would very often clear up this type of problem.
If your system is simple enough that "that command" would do it no harm,
(such as a single boot system, no disk overlay, "other things" I have not thought
about), then you have nothing to loose trying it.  Wait to see if anyone points
out "other" traps you may fall into doing this... (My systems tend to be very plain...)
I have never had to re-initialize a master boot record manually...
Good luck, and be very careful...        Rick Glazier