From:
Mark Rode <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 8 Apr 2000 16:39:28 -0700
Go to Western Digitals Web site and download their free Data Lifeguard
Diagnostic utility
http://www.wdc.com/service/diagnostics.html
Running this will tell you if the drive is OK and you can use it to write
zeros to the drive removing old boot sector files that may be causing
problems. This will cleanse the drive and prepare if for partitioning.
NOTE: This utility is for Western Digital EIDE drive ONLY.

>I have a Western Digital Caviar 34000 4007mb hard drive. The drive will
>not format. I try fdisk, EZDrive and other format. Is the hard drive
>bad? Can the hard drive be save?
>Thank you,
>Darrell

         The NOSPIN Group Promotions is now offering the NOSPIN
        File Download CD... All the files from our File Download
         area and much more...  over 165 files, all on one CD!!
                      http://nospin.com/promotions