From:
Hugh Vandervoort <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 19 Jul 2005 01:01:44 -0400
The speed is very likely out of your control. My understanding is that
this issue has more to do with the condition of your telephone lines
than your computer or your ISP. The  49333 speed is your initial
connect, and may vary considerably during any given session, and is
meaningless in any case, in my experience.
You're at 93% of capacity anyway, whch is considerably higher than I was
ever able to get, and probably better than most.
There are some troubleshooting steps here, whcih may help, or at least
explain better than I can.:  http://www.56k.com/trouble/connect.shtml

Mike Stephens wrote:

>I don;t want to violate any rules of posting here So I hope if I have I will be sent a way to resolve the issue if it is not a hardware problem. Ever since my family and I have moved to Loveland Co from Southern California I have not been able to sign on at speeds greater than 49333. I have tried all of aol fixes to no avail. My Computer is basically a brand new Dell Dimension 8200 with all of the high speed bells and whistels without going so overboard in price as to set off any govt alarms.  It is a v.90 modem and I was just hopint to get pointed in at least the right direction to begin signing on at speeds approaching 52k.

                         PCBUILD's List Owners:
                      Bob Wright<[log in to unmask]>
                       Drew Dunn<[log in to unmask]>