From:
David Gillett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 15 Apr 1998 16:24:25 -0800
On 15 Apr 98 at 12:34, Frank B Smith wrote:

> Win 95 does put the modem on Com 4... would that possibly be the conflict?
> and if so, what do I do to fix it?

  My preferred configuration is to put the serial mouse, if used, on
COM2, so that the modem can be on COM3.  Where by default it will use
IRQ 4, same as COM1, and this works fine as long as I don't try to
use COM1 and COM3 at the same time.  If I can't do that, I'll assign
the modem to some other IRQ, but keep it at the COM3 address.

David G