From:
David Gillett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 13 Dec 2002 20:51:04 -0800
On 12 Dec 2002, at 20:30, Angela Espinoza wrote:

> Hi every one Happy Holidays
>
> I have a question

> I was told that for the computers to work properly they have be on the
> system properties in the performsance tab  at system resources 80% free

> my computer it always below that between 45 and 50

> is that correct,

  When you first boot the machine, before running any of your applications,
the "resources free" reading should probably be above 80%.
  You will start having problems if the number falls below about 20% while
you're using it.  I don't think you need to worry.

> also I want to know

> I saw and ad for a compuet for $99.00 but I need to but everything else
> also the cpu

  One of our local stores often advertises sale prices on "kits", incomplete
computers, which include only case and motherboard, and sometimes memory and
CPU.  Whether they're a good deal or not depends on whether you are prepared
to finish building the computer yourself, and whether you can get similarly
good deals on the other components (or have them already).
  If you have a lot of questions, you may be better off spending $300-500
for an already-built system.

> I am looking to buy a new system
> what do I need to look for
> I want something Fast, big Hard drive at least 40GB, graphics for the
> pictures, and video  games, I guess bottom line to have and good working
> computer what do I need, as far as memory, ram  I need help thanks

  It sounds like you already have a pretty good idea what you want to do,
and what it will take to do it.  basically, the more computer you can buy
now, the longer it will take to outgrow it.

David Gillett