Date:
Sat, 25 May 2002 14:07:34 +1000
I have a Fujitsu 15gb hard drive which is acting very strangely. At
first boot up it performs quite well, but after about 15 or 20 minutes
locks up. When rebooting, the drive is not recognised resulting in HARD
DISK FAILURE being displayed. After shutting down and waiting about 30
minutes the drive is again recognised at boot up. Overheating is not
evident as the drive feels quite cool to the touch and the rest of the
computer seems OK. This procedure of booting and shutting down can go on
indefinitely without any change to the drive, and I am at a loss to
explain it. One would assume the hard drive is finished but it just
keeps on going. Being only a little over a year old it is very
disappointing to encounter this behaviour. Any thoughts on this?

Cheers,
Alan Priol