Date:
Sun, 13 Aug 2006 16:40:02 -0400
All too frequently now, I am getting a memory read error that interferes
with loading a Web page; the page loads very, very slowly if at all.  When I
close it out, I get the following:
-------------
DDE Server Window: iexplore.exe - application error
--------------

(Red X) The instruction at "0x1001cd11" referenced memory at "0x1001cd11".
The memory could not be "read".

Click on OK to terminate the program
--------------
--------------

I have found that clicking on "refresh" in my browser will sometimes
overcome the problem and allow a Web page to load, but it gets old pretty
quick!

This is an eMachines bought in November 2005, with 1.8 GHz, 192 MB RAM,
running Windows XP V 2002 SP 2, and I'm using Internet Explorer as my
browser.  I have Norton AV 2006 (just the basics, and I plan on using a
better AV sooner than later!), SpyBot, and Spyware Blaster.

I have recently run a "free" AV scan from Housecall, de-fragged my hard
disk, and ran CHKDSK but I'm still getting the error.  It slows things down
considerably; this morning I was trying to go back through some of my
daughter's emails at Yahoo and it bogged at every message.   Any help would
be greatly appreciated!

Regards,
Joyce E., southeast Ohio