Date:
Sun, 29 Aug 2004 02:19:41 +0300
Hi,

I have a Gigabyte 7N400Pro2 rev2. motherboard with XP Pro operating
system.

I notice that services that use SMBUS (such as SMART and hybernation)
do not work.

Furthermore starting at some time (before I had those problems), I
noticed that there are problems with the motherboards drivers. cannot
remember when they started.

* I tried to reinstall the drivers from the CD that I got with the
motherboard but without luck.
* I tried to uninstall them and let Windows reinstall them, but even
though it identifies the
resources, the reinstallation fails.

* I tried to uninstall the NVIDIA system drivers from the add/remove
programs and then to
reinstall, either from Gigabyte's site or from NVIDIA's site. Still
doesn't work.

* I then chose to reinstall SMBUS driver manually, leading the
reinstallation source location to
the drivers folder, SMBUS subfolder, and XP subsubfolder (perhaps the
order of the subfolders is
different, but I noticed that the XP subfolder has been chosen. It
did find the driver but the
installation failed informing me that the driver doesn't suit, and
that perhaps it is not meant for
XP.

* then downloaded the later version of the system drivers from
Gigabyte's site, and tried the
same process with them. No good news here as well.

* I have uploaded a picture of my system drivers current status to
http://www.uzipaz.com/private/systemdevices.png

so that perhaps it will give you a hint. For example, some other
resource that needs to be
uninstalled first.

* I don't want to experiment a lot in uninstalling system drivers,
because sometimes system
drivers uninstallation might cause the OS not to load at all.

Any idea on how to solve this problem would be appreciated.

Uzi