From:
Thomas Mayer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 2 Mar 2009 10:18:13 -0800
Jimi

 From following your efforts so far as suggested by Dean, it seems that
you have a DOA motherboard. It happens. I would return it to the
retailer and get a replacement motherboard. If the retailer is reliable,
they will test the motherboard and replace it if they find a problem.
There are hardware devices to check motherboards, but unless you are in
the business, it is cheaper to do a return rather than buying a tester.
If the motherboard tests OK and the retailer returns it to you, you will
likely need to only pay for shipping each way.

Tom

jimi moore wrote:
> Great ideas once again Dean. I have tried a couple of them already.
> The HD and Graphics card are still fine. New PS checks out also.  I
> may have mis-wrote in my first post. The computer never GETS to post.
> I get nothing but a black screen. The cpu and case fans run. No error
> beeps. I have left the power on for up to ten minutes. No smoke or
> smell, I touched the ics chips and they were cool. I just have two
> 2048 matching ram sticks and have interchanged them a few times. I
> haven't pulled the cpu yet so I may try that. I have replaced cpu's
> before and I think I got the paste on right but who knows. It just
> acts like the mb is dead.
>
> Thanks,
>
> jimi

                     visit our download web page at: