From:
David Gillett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 25 Nov 1998 12:17:47 -0800
On 23 Nov 98 at 20:05, johnfarrow wrote:

>   Since it supsosed that you can only have one active partition on the
> Boot drive and not on a slave drive or the master on the secondary
> controller,  How would I get the backup to be bootable when the current
> drive fails.

  I thought I'd addressed that under question 1....

  It is perfectly allowable to have an active partition on a slave
drive.  The *only* problem with this is that FDISK won't set it up
for you; tools like Partition Magic have no trouble doing it.
  This is a limitation of FDISK only.

  On the other hand, since (if/when the master fails) you need to
swap the slave to master anyway, you could keep a boot floppy handy
to let you get in and run FDISK after the swap.

David G

                    Digest mode - visit our web site:
                    http://nospin.com/pc/pcbuild.html