From:
m_sayer_ <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 1 Feb 2004 14:16:10 -0000
Hi,
Have you tried downloading the file and unzipping it to a folder? (If you
use something like winzip, usually you can unzip it to a folder right next
to the zipped one so you know where to find it easily).
Once you've done that, open the folder, and you might find a 'setup' program
in there.
If so, click it and run the set up program and follow whatever instructions
may be in there.
(make sure you scan for viruses first though, I scan before and after
opening a zip file just to be sure.)

If there's no 'setup', then you might have to try the 'add hardware' wizard
in the control panel.
Just follow the instructions and when it asks for drivers, point it in the
direction of wherever you've saved your new scanner drivers.

HTH
Michele Sayer

I'm trying to upgrade the operating system on this machine
from WinME to WinXP.  According to the compatibility program
that comes with WinXP, most everything that I have on this
computer will work with WinXP except my Umax 3400 Scanner
and its VistaScan software.  I went looking for an XP
compatible driver for the Umax3400 and found one at
www.driversguide.com however, it is in a zip file and has no
directions on how to install it.  I would greatly appreciate
any help in getting this scanner to work.  I know it is a
cheap scanner but it has always worked very well on my
system.  I would hate to give up on it.

My system:  Dell L800r 800Mhz with, currently WinME
operating system but soon to have WinXP, 512 megs of RAM, 20
gig HDD in main drive, 40 gig in USB external drive.

Thanks...

---

                     visit our download web page at:
                  http://freepctech.com/downloads.shtml