From:
Richard Glazier <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 25 Jun 2007 08:50:13 -0400
I have (2) old flatbed scanners (Visioneer 5300USB) that work on my XP-Pro
that I tried to give one to my brother for his XP-MCE and it would not install...

In all fairness, it was not specifically designed for XP, but it (1) was given to me
by MS at the XP roll-out of XP (along with the work-around to get it working
on XP). I used it (them) for two or three years, got it (1) back, and am still using it...

So, the answer is, yes and no.  You can only find out by asking questions
specific to what hardware/software you want to move to it, or trying it...

And good luck...                                   Rick Glazier

From: "Betti Ann and Preston Smith"
> I have a chance to buy a refurbished computer for a very good price.  It
> comes with the subject OS rather than  the new Vista.
>
> I presently use XP home on my desktop and laptop.  Will I have the
> normal XP Sp 2 functionality?  I am not a bit interested with the TV
> interface and functionality.
>
> Thanks for any tidbits you may offer

                     visit our download web page at:
                  http://freepctech.com/downloads.shtml