From:
Bob Wright <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 6 Dec 1999 16:29:22 -0700
At 10:57 PM 12/05/1999 , Doug White wrote:
>         I have an old Pentium 100 that just experienced a hard drive crash.  I
>replaced the old drive with another one that I scavenged out of another old
>box.
>
>         However, I am having a problem loading Windows back on.  It has an older
>Matsushita CD-ROM drive (4X I think) and I can't get it to load up with the
>generic CD driver that comes on the Windows Boot disk.
>
>         How do I get a CD driver loaded for an older drive like this so that I can
>do the regular boot/Windows CD installation?

First you will need to read on the drive the exact model number for the drive.
Then download the proper driver for it from there site:
http://www.mei.co.jp/corp/Download/cdromdriver_e.html
(this comes from our list of CD Rom driver web sites listed on the NOSPIN
Links page).

installation: copy the driver downloaded to your boot floppy
disk.   Add the following lines to your Config.sys &
Autoexec.bat on the floppy:

Config.sys:

device=(driver you downloaded) /d:001

Autoexec.bat:

mscdex.exe /d:001

(*Note: be sure the mscdex.exe & (driver you downloaded) files are loaded on your
floppy disk)

This should enable your CD Rom if it is still in working order.

     Bob Wright
The NOSPIN Group

                     visit our download web page at:
                     http://nospin.com/pc/files.html