Date:
Sat, 2 Apr 2005 11:12:18 -0600
Hello Nick,

It's not clear if the salvaged motherboard is a Compaq board, though I
assume it is. Do you have the recovery CD only or is there also a restore CD
set (usually two or more CDs)? If I remember correctly, the recovery CD uses
files from a separate partition on the hard drive as opposed to the restore
CD set that contains everything on the CDs. It may be that, for reasons
unknown, the recovery CD can't access that data and stops at that point. I
would think you would get an error message if that happened. Are there
indications (steady or blinking lights) that the CD drive or hard drive is
being accessed?

Here is a link to the recovery procedure on the Compaq Web site. There is a
link on the page to chat with an online technician which may be helpful.
Good luck.

Compaq Presario Desktop PCs - How to Perform a System Recovery:
http://tinyurl.com/5hbht

Sven Swanson, Sr.