From:
Adam Favre <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 19 Aug 2004 21:02:11 -0700
My first reaction is that yes, more memory is needed.  From my understanding, dealing with photos and photo programs like Adobe Photoshop, these programs tend to be memory intensive, especially when your photo size is quite large.  I have read that PC's running XP will work ok w/ 256k, but work much better with at least 512k.  I don't know quite enough to know how you achieve that 288k of memory, but a little more may fix yoru problem.  Some have stated that windows XP has a sweet spot for about 1gb of memory.  I would also hesitate to move windows ME unless you just must.  I haven't ever really heard good things.

You may also want to examine your virtual memory.  Again some woud argue that setting your min and max for the amount of hard drive space used by virtual memory to double the amount of RAM you have.  I have never really noticed a difference, but also have no performance issues at this time.