From:
Jim Meagher <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 7 Sep 2000 16:55:09 -0400
I've just been watching this discussion from the sidelines up til now.
But I just can't resist being the devil's advocate any longer. <grin>
To those of you who recommend removing the cover...

Do you also recommend removing the back cover from a TV?
The picture tube would run much cooler and the set would
probably last longer.
How about taking off the hood off of your car?  Looking at things
from a temperature perspective, that's a device that could really
use some extra cooling.

Jim Meagher