From:
John Tsukamoto <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 9 May 2002 10:38:57 -0700
 If it's an older CD drive it may not be able to read the newer types of media such as the lighter colored CDRs and CDRW (I personnaly prefer dark green or blue because they read in almost anything). If you put in a commercial silver colored CD and it reads OK that is most likely the problem. If it won't even read a commercial CD then the drive is probably bad.
  Anne Smith <[log in to unmask]> wrote: Hello,
I have a 44x CD reader in my Pentium 200, 32 Meg RAM running on Win98SE.
Recently, it started to be a unreliable in 'seeing' there was a CD Rom inside. I used one of the commercial lens cleaner CD's and all was fine for a while, but now it doesn't see anything.
According to Win98, it is working, when you put a CD in, the light flickers, it makes the whirring noise as the CD spins, but then nothing.
Is there any way to get it going? or should we just get a new one? (I look in through the door with a torch, and removed a pokemon card, but it didn't help)
Thank you
Anne Smith
  Do you want to signoff PCBUILD or just change to Digest mode - visit our web site: http://freepctech.com/pcbuild.shtml

                     support at our newest website: