From:
Mark Rode <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 2 Mar 2003 17:08:41 -0800
This is a typical sort of failure caused by over clocking. You can boot DOS
but can't load windows. You can try upping the voltage a little bit, but
AMD K62 chips have never been known for being good for overclocking.

If you are doing audio editing, then you are using a office, Internet PC to
do it with. A K62 works great in the average office or home but it is not
meant to be used for anything like you are using it for. Overclocking a CPU
used for this purpose just makes things worse, because you can't fully
trust the encoding process.

These days high speed processors are so inexpensive that it really isn't
worth the trouble to try and squeeze a few megahertz out of a three year
old processor. If you need more processing power to do your editing, then
you really need a Pentium III, or better, system, to do the kind of work
you are attempting to do.

Rode
The NOSPIN Group
http://freepctech.com